Hello LSC - we hope you are enjoying your 4th of July weekend!
This morning was the Libraries Love Lakes event at the Wells Lakeside Park.
We'd like to thank everyone who attended, volunteered, and contributed this great event!
Our presenters included:
- Wells Village Library
- Lake St. Catherine Association (LSCA)
- Lake St. Catherine Conservation Fund (LSCCF)
- Castleton University
- Poultney Mettowee Natural Resources Conservation District (PMNRCD)
- LSCA's Greeter Program
- LSCA's Diver Assisted Suction Harvesting (DASH) team
- Wells Historical Society
- Loon Biologist Eric Hanson from Vermont Center for Ecostudies
Thank you also to our Pontoon Boat Captains Owen, Dawn and Mark for taking attendees on a quick tour of the lake, and thank you to the Town of Wells for the use of the park today.
The lake-related learning will continue at the Wells Village Library, as a new section of the library called the 'Lake St. Catherine Collection' will be open to the public soon. More details on this soon.
Finally, a big thank you to the Lake Champlain Basin Program (LCBP) for funding this day, and and the new section of the library through an Education & Outreach grant!
More photos from the day can be viewed on our Facebook page by clicking here.