Hello Lake St. Catherine community!
The Lake St. Catherine Association's 2017 Membership Drive is underway.
Last week, we sent out mailings to the Lake St. Catherine community containing the 2017 Membership Application.
If you'd like to support the LSCA and become a member, you can fill out the Membership Form linked above, or you can fill in our online membership form and submit your dues online. If you'd like to do so, you can click here to go to our Membership section.
Some of the services the LSCA provides are:
- Maintain and purchase navigation and shore line protection bouys throughout the lake.
- Test the water for E coli, and water clarity.
- Managing the free boat-safety courses that are state mandated for all persons born after January 1, 1974.
- Inspecting boats wishing to enter the lake for Eurasian milfoil, zebra mussels and water chestnuts.
- Controlling milfoil (and other invasive species) and maintaining native weeds at tolerable levels.
- Working with the state to solve the problems of silting and impacts of phosphorus and other sources of pollution.
- Maintaining "welcome" signs and gardens.
- Liaising with other lakes in order to exchange information concerning problems.
- Sponsor the annual fun-filled July 4th Boat Parade.
- Disseminate information to our membership and the community through newsletters, website, and other local publications.
- Organizing funding through membership fees, donations and grants from the State of Vermont and Poultney and Wells.
- We represent you to state and local governments to protect your rights and the lake in general.
- We protect the value of your property by maintain the beauty, access, and safety of the lake.
Your membership and the dues and contributions we receive allows us to accomplish our work. Maintaining the lake costs approximately $100,000 annually. While we do receive annual grants from Poultney, Wells, and the State, membership dues and contributions make up the majority of our funding.
After receiving your dues, our Treasurer Elaine will send you a welcome mailing which includes a LSCA member card for your window and a LSCA pen.
We appreciate your support!
If you have any questions, please contact us at at firstname.lastname@example.org.