Hello good folks of the Lake St. Catherine community.
It's that time of year again... As the Lake St. Catherine Association heads into its 67th year, we are asking for your support for the 2020 season.
What does the LSCA do? Well, start here by checking out our 2019 Year In Review.
Your membership dues and contributions help fund many of the services provided by the LSCA:
- Maintain and purchase navigation and shore line protection buoys throughout the lake.
- Test the water for E coli, and water clarity.
- Managing the free boat-safety courses that are state mandated for all persons born after January 1, 1974.
- Greeter Program: Inspecting boats wishing to enter the lake for aquatic invasive species (AIS) to keep them out of the lake.
- Controlling milfoi.
- Working with the state to solve the problems of silting and impacts of phosphorus and other sources of pollution. Let us know if you'd like your property evaluated for the Lake Wise program in 2020.
- Maintaining "welcome" signs and gardens.
- Liaising with other lakes in order to exchange information concerning problems.
- Sponsor the annual fun-filled July 4th Boat Parade.
- Disseminate information to our membership and the community through newsletters, website, and other local publications.
- Organizing funding through membership fees, donations and grants from the State of Vermont and Poultney and Wells.
- We represent you to state and local governments to protect your rights and the lake in general.
- We protect the value of your property by maintain the beauty, access, and safety of the lake.
There are two easy ways to renew or become a member of the LSCA.
Soon, you will be receiving a mailing from us that contains the 2020 Membership Form. You can also download a copy by clicking here: 2020 LSCA Membership Form PDF. Just fill out the form and mail it in to our Treasurer Elaine with a check for your dues. We'll also send you an email if we have your address on file.
Or, you can renew or become a member on our website. If you were a member in 2019, click here - and you can pay your dues online with your credit card. If you were a member last year (whether you paid by check or online by credit card), the website has an account ready for you. If you don't remember your password, or never set one up, click on the "Forgot Username/Password?" link, and the site will send you an email with the information.
We'd also like to encourage you to check with your employer to see if they have an Employer Matching Gift Program for charitable donations. Many generous businesses will match donations made by their employees through these programs. So, take a look - you may be able to double your contribution!
If you are a business in the Lake St. Catherine community, we have a Business Sponsor Membership we'd like to tell you about. The Business Sponsor Membership includes:
- A listing on our ‘Sponsors’ page on www.lakestcatherine.org with your logo, a link to your web or Facebook page, including a brief description of your business and services.
- The posting of your events and special occasions to our Events & LSC Community Website Calendar.
- A posting on our Blog and Facebook page about your business as a ‘Sponsor Spotlight’ feature.
- A posting for your business in our Spring and Fall newsletters. Newsletters will be made available to the community in both printed and digital versions.
You can learn more about the Business Sponsorship by clicking on the 2020 LSCA Membership Form PDF.
Your membership and the dues and contributions we receive allows us to accomplish our work. Maintaining the lake costs approximately $125,000 annually. While we do receive annual grants from Poultney, Wells, and the State, membership dues and contributions make up the majority of our funding.
Upon receiving your membership contribution, our treasurer Elaine will mail you a hand-written thank you note, a receipt, a LSCA window card and a stick-on card holder for your cell phone.
We are happy to report that in 2019, we had 342 paid members, which includes 9 Business Sponsors with an average contribution of $154. Thank you to all of our members! Your membership dues and additional contributions over and above our base $100 membership level are crucial to funding our important lake programs. In 2019, we increased our membership in both dollars and in individual contributors by around 12% each as compared to 2018. We hope to build on these numbers again in 2020. As always, we ask you to help us spread the word by discussing the LSCA with your neighbors. We will continue to work hard for Lake St. Catherine to earn your support.
We appreciate your support!
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.